Pages

Saturday 5 May 2018

Kawaii Background Slytherin 0.1

At the beginning of this year, I decided to go to DraigCon (an Harry Potter Con) with some friends in July. There will be guests including actors, hair/ make-up, etc as well as food other magical bits but ALSO! This is an A Grade opportunity to play dress up! 
Now, I could just go representing a regular student of my house but why do that when I can put together a Slytherin lolita co-ord right? 

While I feel I  possess the ambition, pride and resourcefulness of a Slytherin, I am also 200% a background Slytherin so this is going to be a kawaii background Slytherin look!


Slight change when working out a pattern. This is based on a pattern from Otome no Sewing #6 but the back is ore like the back on my 'Venice Cats' JSK because I wanted a shirred back and side zip. 

Here I've got: 
2.5m green cotton - the weave and texture of this makes me think of school uniforms!
1m green satin lining - this will make the process twice as long...lol!
Black polycotton - this is a leftover and will be used to make bias binding.
Elastic (40p bundle) - for shirring.
Black Lace - another leftover.
Zip
I will also need 4x silver buttons and some braided trim but I've yet to locate those. 


Sew together the bodice in both fabrics - make sure you know where the panel of shirring and zip will go.
TIP: make sure your pieces are the right way round! You will save time, unlike me!

Sew the casings for your elastic. I had 5 channels in the end. Thread elastic through and sew in place. 

I added some 'rouleau loops' for corset lacing (it's not on the design but I added a little too much seam allowance so this will allow me to make it a bit more fitted) using bias binding because alas, I have forgotten how to make them properly - oops!

I also added some black lace to the front for a bit of detail. 
This took me a LOT longer than it should have because of silly mistakes (so check your pieces before you sew) but all in all, I'm really pleased with the outcome and how neat it looks!

---

Have you ever worn/ made a Harry Potter/ Hogwarts themed lolita co-ord?

- Part Time 小姐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...