Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

In the name of the moon, I'm about to get nostalgic!


When Sailor Moon Crystal came out in 2014 I shot it down quite quickly, deciding it wasn't for me, because I was hyped up for nostalgia that I didn't feel. I was also very undecided about how I felt regarding the new art style and definitely did not like the CGI transformation sequence, I didn't even get half way through the first episode(I saw the transformation on YouTube).

Sailor Moon Crystal vs Sailor Moon

So if I disliked it so much, why am I watching it now? Because nostalgia. 
While browsing YouTube, I came across the Cantonese Sailor Moon OP from the 90's by Vivian Chow and it hit me right in the childhood and made me feel an overwhelming sense of something (I'm not sure what the something is) that made me want to watch Sailor Moon. Unfortunately the old Cantonese dub is REALLY hard to come by (I've tried searching using both languages) and in the end I could only find a few clips. 

Sailor Moon OP from TVB J2

Then I had a sudden thought... Since it's recent in comparison, what if I could find Sailor Moon Crystal? I suddenly wondered if the problem to begin with was that I was watching the original Japanese version whereas I was nostalgic for the Cantonese dub. Would I enjoy enjoy Sailor Moon Crystal in Cantonese?

It's time to find out!

---

Are you a Moonie? How do YOU feel about Sailor Moon Crystal compared to the original?

- Part Time 小姐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...